Welcome to our Australia Quiz Questions Page
Australia Quiz Questions I
- Who did Prime Minister John Howard call the 'greatest living Australian' in 2001?
- The original lyrics of Waltzing Matilda were written by which Australian poet?
- In Australian slang, what is a matilda?
- Name Australia's most ever successful female Olympian?
- Australia has the world's longest fence; it was first built in the 1880s to keep which animal out of the fertile south-east of the country?
- Who starred in the Australian movie Tim as Mary Horton opposite Mel Gibson in 1979?
- How many kangaroos are estimated to live in Australia: (a)340,000, (b)3.4 million, or (c)34 million?
- In which month of the year is Australia Day?
- Summer Bay, is a fictional television seaside town, is in which Australian state?
- What is the national gemstone of Australia - it's by far the world's largest producer of them?
- A jumbuck is an Australian English term for what?
- Which city is considered the unofficial capital of North Queensland by locals?
- What sport do Australian's Quade Cooper and Israel Folau play?
- In which Australian state is the city of Melbourne?
- Which Australian television soap opera featured the characters Patricia Hamilton, David Palmer and Fiona Thompson?
- Name the longest river in Australia?
- Don Bradman
- Banjo Paterson
- A bundle of belongings or sleeping equipment
- Dawn Fraser (swimming)
- Piper Lawrie
- 34 million
- January (26th)
- New South Wales
- A sheep
- Rugby union
- Sons and Daughters
- Murray River
- Which large town is situated in the geographic centre of Australia?
- What name is commonly given to the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world?
- The Melbourne Cup is run on which racecourse?
- William Lawrence Bragg and William Henry Bragg both won the Nobel Prize for Physica in the same year (1915); how were they related?
- Which Australian Prime Minister disappeared in 1967 while swimming?
- What is the nickname of the airline Qantas?And what does the acronym stand for?
- Which sporting legend was nicknamed Nobody?
- Name Australia's most populated state?
- The Great Barrier Reef is located in which sea?
- Which sea is situated between Australia and New Zealand?
- Who wrote the book, The Female Eunuch?
- What is the name given to the annual best-of-three series of rugby league matches between New South Wales and Queensland?
- Which artist's paintings include The Abandoned Mine and Ned Kelly?
- What nickname is given to Sydney Harbour Bridge because of its arch-based design?
- Alice Springs
- The Tasmanian Devil
- The Flemmington Racecourse
- Father and son (only father and son to have won in the same year)
- Harold Holt
- The Flying Kangaroo, Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services.
- John Eales
- New South Wales
- Coral Sea
- The Tasman Sea
- Germaine Greer
- State of Origin
- Sir Sydney Nolan
- The Coathanger
- True or False. Nicole Kidman was born in the United States and not Australia?
- Which Australian won the 1973 Nobel Prize for literature?
- In which city is the Australian Open tennis tournament held annually?
- Who lit the Olympic Flame at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney?
- The Sydney Opera House was designed by which Danish architect?
- How many stars are there on the Australian flag?
- What was Uluru in the Northern Territory formerly named?
- Which large mythical creature from Aboriginal mythology, is said to lurk in swamps, billabongs and creeks?
- The Australian drama television series The Sullivans was set in which city?
- What was the original name used by most Europeans for the island of Tasmania?
- Name the highest peak on the Australian mainland?
- Which Australian Prime Minister was born in the UK seaside resort of Barry, Wales?
- Give the name of the largest desert in Australia - it spans Western and South Australia? And can you name the second largest?
- Which island off the Queensland coast is Australia’s fifth largest but the World’s largest sand island?
- True (she was born in Hawaii)
- Patrick White
- Cathy Freeman
- Jorn Utzon
- Six (The Southern Cross (5 stars) and The Commonwealth Star)
- Ayers Rock
- The bunyip
- Van Diemen's Land
- Mount Kosciuszko (in the Snowy Mountains region)
- Julia Gillard
- Great Victorian Desert. And the Great Sandy Desert.
- Fraser Island
More related quizzes...
> New Zealand Quizzes
Thank you for printing these Australian questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.