Bridges Quiz I
- Which bridge crosses the River Thames between Blackfriars Bridge and Hungerford Bridge?
- What type of bridge is The Forth Railway Bridge?
- Which bridge near Kingston upon Hull was, at the time of its opening in 1981, the longest suspension bridge in the world?
- Name the most well-known bridge to cross the Vltava river in Prague?
- The Menai Suspension Bridge connects which island to the British mainland? And who designed this bridge?
- Which double-decked bridge, connecting New York City to New Jersey, is the world's busiest?
- 'The Bridge of Sighs' was the last view of Venice that convicts saw before their imprisonment, however, who gave the bridge this name?
- The Iron Bridge, the first major bridge in the world to be made of cast iron, crosses which British river?
- What nickname do Australians give to the Sydney Harbour Bridge?
- In June 2012, what was suspended from Tower Bridge?
- What is the official colour of the Golden Gate Bridge?
- Which motorway suspension bridge opened in 1966, connecting South Wales and England?
- Which bridge collapsed during a violent storm on Sunday 28 December 1879?
- What type of bridge links Northern Ireland to the island of Carrickarede?
- Waterloo Bridge
- Humber Bridge
- Charles Bridge
- Anglesey. Thomas Telford designed the bridge.
- George Washington Bridge
- Lord Byron
- River Severn (in Shropshire)
- The Coat Hanger
- A set of Olympic rings
- Orange (International orange)
- The Severn Bridge
- The Tay Bridge
- A rope bridge (Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge is a famous rope bridge and tourist attraction)
Bridges Quiz II
- The Millau Viaduct, the tallest bridge in the world, is in which country?
- Which bridge has been the starting point for The University Boat Race since 1845?
- Name the oldest bridge to span the Grand Canal in Venice?
- What type of bridge, usually a temporary structure, floats on water?
- Which city has the most bridges of any city in Europe?
- Who painted the 1747 painting entitled 'London seen through an arch of Westminster Bridge'?
- 'The Skinny Bridge' is the most famous bridge in which European city?
- Westminster Bridge, a bridge over the River Thames in London, is painted predominantly which colour?
- London Bridge was built in the 1830s to span the River Thames, it was dismantled in 1967 and famously relocated to which U.S. state?
- The Ponte Vecchio is a Medieval bridge over which Italian river?
- Which British city has a Bridge of Sighs named after the famous Venice bridge?
- Which fairy tale features a fearsome troll who eats anyone who tries to cross the bridge?
- Which bridge is considered an iconic structure and symbol of Scotland?
- Which London steel suspension pedestrian bridge was opened in 2000, but then had to be closed for a further two years while modifications were made to eliminate swaying?
- Putney Bridge
- The Rialto Bridge
- Pontoon bridge
- Arizona (Lake Havasu City)
- Arno River (and the bridge is in Florence)
- Three Billy Goats Gruff
- The Forth Bridge
- The Millennium Bridge
Further 'bridge ralated' links...
> Architecture Quizzes
> Buildings Quizzes
> River Quizzes
Thank you for printing these 'bridge quiz' questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.