Welcome to our British Sports Quiz
25 Sport Questions and Answers
- In March 2018, who was ranked the British No. 1 male tennis player?
- The Newtonmore Camanachd Club are historically which sport's most successful side, having won the Camanachd Cup a record 32 times?
- Which British sportswoman has won consecutive Olympic gold medals in both the 2014 and 2018 Winter Olympics?
- Which darts player is nicknamed 'Jackpot'?
- Which female athelete, winner of a 4 x 400 metres relay bronze medal at the Moscow Olympics, was married to comedian and actor Bobby Knutt?
- Which retired rugby league winger was nicknamed 'chariots’?
- Which British sailor is the most successful sailor in Olympic history?
- Which University has the UK’s only bobsleigh and skeleton push-start track and hosts the British Bobsleigh and Skeleton Association?
- Which swimmer won two gold medals at the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Beijing, aged just 13?
- A statue of which Olympic gold medal winning athelete was unveiled on Brighton seafront in 2012?
- Who was the United Kingdom's first ever Formula One World Champion?
- Who is Scotland's all-time top goal scorer in International football?
- In 1982, with her daughter Denise, who set a British 10-mile cycling record for women riding a tandem?
- Which annual sporting event has been incorporated into Cockney rhyming slang for a part of the body?
- Name the only two fences in the Grand National horse race that have to be negotiated only once?
- What links Hugh Jones in 1982, Mike Gratton 1983, and Steve Jones in 1985?
- Who is the first woman to win an Olympic boxing title?
- Which British athelete won the long jump gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics?
- Which famous sport's venue is located in the district of Saint John's Wood, in northwest London?
- The Glasgow Rocks, Sheffield Sharks and Surrey Scorchers are teams in which sport?
- Which hymn has been sung before the kick-off at every Rugby League Challenge Cup Final since 1929?
- Brothers Graham and Martin competed for Britain throughout the 1980s and 1990s in skiiing, what was their surname?
- The main trophy of Rugby World Cup Sevens is named after which Scottish town?
- Which rugby union coach was banned from the sport for three years in 2009 when covering up a fake injury in 'Bloodgate'?
- Which football magazine had a circulation high of 120,000 copies per week in 1996 and was known for its annual gift of free league ladders?
- What is the real first name of retired English international cricket umpire 'Dickie Bird'? And what about Daley Thompson's real first name?
- Kyle Edmunds
- Lizzy Yarnold
- Adrian Lewis
- Donna Hartley
- Martin Offiah
- Ben Ainslie
- Bath University
- Ellie Simmonds
- Steve Ovett
- Mike Hawthorn (1958)
- Dennis Law or Kenny Dalglish (both have 30 goals)
- Beryl Burton (and the time was 21 minutes, 25 seconds)
- Boat Race (cockney rhyming slang for face)
- The Chair and Water Jump (all other, e.g. Canal Turn, Becher's Brook and Valentine's are jumped twice)
- London marathon winners
- Nicola Adams (flyweight in 2012)
- Greg Rutherford
- Lord's Cricket Ground
- Abide With Me
- Dean Richards
- Harold. Francis (Daley Thompson)
More Sport Trivia...
> Boxing Trivia
> Golf Quizzes
> Rugby Quizzes
> Football Quiz Questions
> Free Football and Rugby Handouts
Thank you for printing this sports quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great sport quizzes.