Vegetable Quizzes with Answers
Back to our main food quizzes page.
Veg Quiz I
- What name do the British normally call snap peas and snow peas?
- True or False. Giant pumpkins can exceed 1 ton in weight?
- Allium Sepa is the Latin name for which common vegetable?
- By what name do Americans know the courgette?
- In a famous announcement, which vegetable did former president George H. W. Bush once famously state that he hated, but his wife loved?
- 'Pentland Javelin' and 'Desire' are all varieties of which vegetable?
- Which vegetable derives its name fron the Latin word for milk?
- According to Mark Twain, which vegetable was 'nothing but a cabbage with a college education'?
- Most commercially canned baked beans are made from which type of bean?
- Which vegetable was the first to be canned?
- Which popular type of supermarket cabbage is named after a region in France?
- What is the more common name in the UK for the vegetable American's call a scallion?
- Which vegetable comes in varieties called cheddar, skywalker and graffiti?
- Which vegetable was supposedly the favourite vegetable of the queen of France, Catherine de' Medici?
- Elephant garlic is a variant of which vegetable?
- Ipomoea batatas is the scientific name of which large, starchy, root vegetable?
- Which vegetable's name comes from the Italian for 'the flowering crest of a cabbage'?
- Which myth was put forward by the RAF during the Second World War to disguise advances in radar technology and the use of red lights on instrument panels?
- Mangetout (which is French for 'eat all')
- Spring Onion (in parts of Wales an alternative name is the 'gibbon' (with the 'g' pronounced as a 'j'))
- Spinach (dishes served on a bed of spinach are known as 'Florentine' after Catherine's birthplace, Florence)
- The leek
- Sweet potato
- That carrots improve eyesight in the dark!
Other food links...
> Fruit Quiz
Thank you for printing these vegetable questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great food quiz questions and answers.