Welcome to our Geography Quizzes Page 3
Back to our main Geography Quizzes page.
Geography Quiz Questions and Answers
- Which island is the most populous island in the Caribbean and the second largest after Cuba?
- In geography, which word describes the place at which two or more rivers flow together to form one larger river?
- What was Nyasaland renamed in 1964 when it became independent from Britain?
- Cape York Peninsula is located in which country?
- Mount St. Helens volcano lies in which mountain range?
- Doha is the capital city of which small country?
- Which geographical term is given to a narrow strip of land with sea on either side that forms a link between two larger areas of land?
- The Isle of Sheppey is an island off the northern coast of which Englisn county?
- In 2015, what was name of North America's tallest mountain peak, Mount McKinley, changed to?
- Tunisia is surrounded by which two African countries?
- Four American states meet at the same point; Colorado and Arizona are two, name the other two?
- How many countries in the world have names that start with the letter 'I'?
- The Cascade Range
- Algeria and Libya
- Utah and New Mexico
- Nine (Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, and Israel)
Geography Quiz II
- The world's highest uninterrupted waterfall, the Angel Falls, are in which country?
- Which country is sandwiched between Romania and Ukraine?
- Which island is bigger: Sardinia or Corsica?
- Name the gulf formed by the sea borders of Sweden and Finland?
- In which country does the Mekong river reach the sea?
- Which inlet of the North Sea lies north of Inverness?
- Name the fourth largest city in the Netherlands?
- Which town in Pembrokeshire, Wales, is the UK's largest energy port?
- Which two South American countries are landlocked?
- 'Most Serene Republic' is a title historically attached to a number of European states, however, name the only modern independent state to use the style?
- What do the Mexicans call the peninsula that separates the Pacific Ocean from the Gulf of California?
- There are four countries in the Horn of Africa; name any two of them?
- Sardinia (nearly 3 times bigger than Corsica, and the 2nd biggest in the Mediterranean after Sicily)
- Gulf of Bothnia
- The Moray Firth
- Milford Haven
- Bolivia and Paraguay
- San Marino
- Baja California (known as Lower California in the USA)
- Any two from Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia
More Geography Quizzes...
> Africa Quiz
> Europe Quiz
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.