General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- Which English doctor's discovery is said to have 'saved more lives than were lost in all the wars of mankind since the beginning of recorded history?
- Name the only country that is a member of both OPEC and the Commonwealth?
- In which modern day country are the ruins of Carthage?
- Two modern thinkers were born on the same day in February 1809, one appeared on U.S. bank notes and the other on British bank notes, name both?
- What country's name comes form the Indian word for 'village' or 'settlement'?
- Which former footballer is married to actress Leslie Ash?
- At the ends of what everyday items would you find 'aglets'?
- What connects singer Annie Lennox, actress Sissy Spacek and Humphrey Bogart?
- The word 'assassination' was invented by who?
- In First Aid, what does the 'C' stand for in 'ABC', the abbreviation for the first three vital checks to carry out in a patient?
- Who was married to actress Sheila Sim from 1945 until his death?
- Adults have a full set of 32 teeth, but how many teeth do very young children have?
- In 23 BC, which city did Alexander the Great die in?
- What is the largest known animal ever to have existed?
- Edward Jenner (smallpox vaccine)
- Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin
- Canada (from the St. Lawrence Iroquoian word kanata)
- Lee Chapman
- Shoe laces or drawstrings (small plastic sheaths used on each end of a shoelace, cord, or drawstring)
- All born on Christmas Day
- William Shakespeare
- Richard Attenborough
- Blue whale
General Knowledge II
- Which famous film director has a son called Satchel?
- What flower is sometimes known as a gilliflower?
- Which sea is the least salty in the world?
- Who wrote the oratorio 'Ecce Cor Meum'?
- In betting slang, what odds does a Carpet refer to?
- Apiphobia is a fear of what?
- Prior to Tony Blair, who was the last serving prime minister to have a child in Downing Street?
- Which British DJ wrote the theme tune to Big Brother?
- In which modern country is the ancient city of Bukhara?
- What is the shared surname of the children in Enid Blyton's Famous Five series?
- Ajaccio is the capital of which European territory?
- At which film festival does the best picture receive the Golden Bear award?
- In music, how is Shawn Carter better known?
- Which country witnessed an 'orange revolution' between 2004 to 2005?
- Woody Allen
- Paul McCartney
- Three to one (3/1)
- John Russell
- Paul Oakenfold
More General Knowledge...
Thank you for printing our general knowledge quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great general knowledge.