The General Knowledge Page for Kids
Visit our main Kids Quiz Page
GK Questions I
- Which sort of animal is Eeyore in the Winnie-the-Pooh children's stories?
- What flower is traditionally worn on Remembrance Day?
- Complete the saying, 'too many cooks spoil the...'?
- In which season do leaves start to fall off trees?
- How many extra days are there in a leap year?
- The countries of China and India are on which large continent?
- What is the name of the main residence of the queen in London?
- In which sport do you use a bow to propel arrows at a round target?
- The Romans came from which modern day country?
- How many letters are there in the alphabet?
- Sir Edmund Hillary was the first man to climb which mountain?
- Which breed of dog is well known for having black spots on a white coat?
- How many years are there in a century?
- Name the great sea Admiral who has a monument in Trafalgar Square, London?
- Which American president fought for slaves to be freed?
- According to the proverb, 'a trouble shard is a trouble...' what?
- What was the first name of the great explorer Columbus who discovered the Americas?
- The Flying Scotsman was a famous what?
- Haggis is a traditional food in which country?
- A donkey
- Autumn (called the Fall in the USA)
- One extra day
- Buckingham Palace
- Abraham Lincoln
Kids Questions II
- What does the abbreviation OAP stand for?
- What type of animal is an emu?
- In the children's nursery rhyme, who 'went up the hill to fetch a pail of water'? And what is a pail?
- Which ancient language was spoken by the Romans?
- What sort of boat do fishermen use to catch fish at sea?
- What type of animal is a kingfisher?
- What sort of toy is a round plastic disc that you can throw and catch?
- Starting with the letter 'E', what do we call a river's mouth where it widens into the sea?
- What is another word for elevator?
- Starting with the letter 'A' what is one of the highest ranks in the navy?
- What name is given to the common blinds that we open and close on windows?
- What colour are the flower of the buttercup?
- In a Daniel Defoe book, who got stranded on a desert island for many years?
- What do we call the space found directly below the roof of a house usually above the bedroom ceilings?
- How many arms does an octopus have?
- Which animals make a noise that sounds like laughing?
- Old age pensioner
- It's a large flightless bird
- Jack and Jill. A pail is a bucket.
- Venetian Blinds
- Robinson Crusoe
- Eight arms
More quizzes and trivia for kids...
> Fun Facts for Kids
> Christmas Quiz Questions
> Easy Quiz Questions
> Kids Quiz 1
Thank you for printing these children's quizzes. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.