What is the 'Big Christmas Quiz'?
The biggest and best Christmas quiz for your holiday season quizzes. Ten ready-made rounds to print for your Christmas quizzing needs.
Christmas Quiz - Questions and Answers
Round 1 - General Knowledge
- Who is the host of the British television quiz show The Chase?
- The drug digitalis is obtained from which plant?
- Which politician is married to Mexican businesswoman Laura Alvarez?
- Which one of the following footballers has never won the BBC Sports' Personality of the Year: George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Ryan Giggs, or Michael Owen?
- What is Barack Obama's middle name?
- What is the national flower of Scotland?
- Which national chain store traces its history to 1778 when William Clark established a drapers shop in London selling expensive fabrics, bonnets, gloves and parasols?
- Which is bigger: England, Portugal or Florida?
- What was made in France and gifted to the American people in 1886?
- How many men have walked on the moon?
Answers Round 1:
- Bradley Walsh
- Jeremy Corbyn
- George Best
- The thistle
- The Statue of Liberty
Round 2 - Television
- What was the occupation of Lance Corporal Jack Jones in Dad's Army?
- What is the name of Roy Cropper's cafe in Coronation Street?
- In 'Only Fools and Horses' what is Rodney's middle name ?
- Which American TV presenter starred in 'The Color Purple'?
- Davros created which deadly Sci-Fi extraterrestrial race?
- Which US state was the setting for the series Magnum PI?
- Don Draper is the main character from which television series?
- Which soap is set in the fictional Midlands town of Letherbridge?
- Who plays regional manager Michael Scott in the US version of 'The Office'?
- Who presents the 2020 daytime programme, "Home is Where the Art Is"?
Answers Round 2:
- Roy's Rolls
- Oprah Winfrey
- The Daleks
- Mad Men
- Steve Carell
- Nick Knowles
Round 3 - Geography
- The 38th parallel divides which two countries? (Both needed for the point!)
- In which US state is Salt Lake City?
- Mount Kosciusko is the highest mountain in which country?
- Swindon is in which English county?
- Where would you find the Ponte de Sospiri?
- Where is Margaret Thatcher Day celebrated on the 10th of January?
- The Algarve is in which country?
- Which Australian city was named after the wife of King William IV?
- Nur-Sultan is the capital city of which country?
- Which capital city is located at an oasis fed by the Barada River?
Answers Round 3:
- North Korea and South Korea
- Falkland Islands
Round 4 - General Knowledge
- The CN Tower is in which Canadian city?
- What is an oenophile an expert in?
- What came free with the first-ever edition of the Daily Mirror?
- Which war was fought between 1861 and 1865?
- Fred Trump, Donald Trump's father, had an unusual middle name - was it, Christ, Christmas, Jesus or Mary?
- East Pakistan is the former name of which country?
- In the Old Testament who lived until the ripe old age of 969?
- On which European island would you find the city of Ajaccio?
- In which sport could the participant be called a pugilist?
- Which geological period is named after a South Wales' ancient tribe?
Answers Round 4:
- A mirror
- The American Civil War
- Christ (Fred Christ Trump)
Round 5 - Music
- The boys of which choir were still singing Galway Bay?
- Which Kenny Rogers song told the story of a farmer whose wife leaves him and their children?
- Abba's 1975 hit Fernando refers to a revolution in which country?
- What rock band was made up of Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and John Bonham?
- What singer fronted the Black Eyed Peas and released her own album The Dutchess, in 2006?
- What is Shaun Carter's better known name?
- The singing and whistling pop singer Roger Whittaker was born in which country?
- Who was the first winner of American Idol?
- Which European port provided a hit for The Beautiful South?
- What was Victoria Beckham's last name before she became a Beckham?
Answers Round 5:
- NYPD Choir (the lyrics from the song Fairytale of New York)
- Led Zeppelin
- Kelly Clarkson
Round 6 - History
- The history questions in Trivial Pursuit are which colour?
- Which Lord, led the Charge of the Light Brigade?
- In England, when was the 'year of two invasions'?
- Which weapon was said to be decisive at Agincourt?
- Which cathedral city was bombed on 14th November 1940?
- What nationality was Marie Antoinette?
- In which battle was Pickett's Charge?
- In which UK city was the Titanic built?
- Who said on 10th March 1876, 'Come here, Watson, I want you'?
- In which year did the Victorian age end?
Answers Round 6:
- Lord Cardigan
- The Longbow
- Alexander Graham Bell
- 1901 (on the death of Queen Victoria)
Round 7 - Review of 2022
- In early 2022, tennis star Novak Djokovic was deported from which country?
- Which game was purchase by the New York Times in January 2022?
- On 5 February 2022, a report from The Sun newspaper stated what had been cancelled?
- Which billionaire wanted to buy Twitter?
- Great Britain ended the Beijing Winter Olympics with a gold medal in which sport?
- In the scandal of the year, who did Will Smith slap?
- What name was given to ABBA's concert residency which began on the 27 May in London?
- Which northern UK city was named the 2025 UK City of Culture?
- What sort of shop was owned by Jaki Pickett in Muir of Ord, in the Scottish Highlands?
- Who after being spotted in the queue for The Queen jokingly Tweeted: "Offered to sing, and am now being ushered to the front."?
- Who muttered "dear, oh dear" as he greeted Liz Truss?
Answers Round 7:
- Neighbours (Australian TV soap)
- Elon Musk
- Curling (Women's Curling)
- Chris Rock
- Voyage (ABBA Voyage)
- Fish and Chip Shop (made the tabloid news (for all the wrong reasons) after the Queen's death)
- James Blunt
- King Charles III
Round 8 - Films
- In which film did Tom Cruise play Cole Trickle?
- Which devious green-furred creature hated Christmas and fled to the top of Mount Crumpit?
- Who starred as James Bond in the Spy Who Loved Me?
- What is the name of Buzz Lightyear's enemy in Toy Story 2?
- What animal is Stuart Little?
- Who plays the scientist that flies into the alien spaceship in Independence Day?
- In Fever Pitch, which football club threatens to undermine Colin Firth's relationship?
- Which Disney animated feature celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2017?
- Who won an Oscar in 1998 with just eight minutes work for Shakespeare In Love?
- In which movie does Jack Nicholson say: 'Here's Johnny!'?
Answers Round 8:
- Days of Thunder
- The Grinch
- Roger Moore
- Jeff Goldblum
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Dame Judie Dench
- The Shining
Round 9 - Christmas
- If you were born on Christmas Day, what's your star sign?
- What is the name of Aladdin's well known panto mother?
- 'Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents' is the opening line from which classic novel?
- The song White Christmas was first performed in which Bing Crosby film?
- The poinsettia plant originates from which country?
- 'Driving Home For Christmas' was a hit single for which singer in 1988?
- In which pantomime does Robin Hood and Maid Marion appear?
- What colour are the berries of the mistletoe plant?
- In the film 'Jingle All The Way' can you remember the name of the toy Arnold Schwarzenegger was desperately trying to buy? It wasn't action man!
- In pantomime, how is Princess Marcella better known?
Answers Round 9:
- Widow Twankey
- Little Women
- Holiday Inn
- Chris Rea
- Babes in the Wood
- Turbo Man
- Sleeping Beauty
Round 10 - General Knowledge
- Which playing card is often referred to as the 'Curse of Scotland'?
- Which two of Father Christmas's traditional reindeers are named after meteorological terms?
- In which British city would you find the 47-storey Beetham Tower, the tallest residential building in Europe?
- What was reality TV star Dog Chapman's occupation?
- Who was the daughter of the prophet Muhammad?
- What did Dr Ludwig L. Zamenhof invent?
- How many degrees are there in a rectangle?
- Appolonia is the patron saint of which profession?
- What is the meaning of the boy's name George?
- What did British baker and confectioner Tom Smith of London invent in 1847?
Answers Round 10:
- Nine of Diamonds
- Donner and Blitzen (in German, the names mean 'thunder' and 'lightning')
- Bounty Hunter
- Christmas crackers
Pub Quiz Round Ideas / History Quizzes / Anagrams Quiz / Animal Quizzes / Big Quiz, The / Bible Quiz / Christmas Quizzes / Christmas Quiz, The Big / Computer Questions / Dingbats / Easy Quiz Questions / Film Quiz / Flag Quiz / Food and Drink Quiz / Football Quizzes / Free Quiz / Fun Quiz Questions / General Knowledge Quiz / Geography Quiz / Hard Quiz / Kids' Quiz Section / Logos Quiz / Literature Quiz / Maths Quiz / Music Quiz / Picture Quiz / Ready Made Quiz / Science Quiz / Sport Quizzes / Television Quizzes / Trivia Questions / Word Quiz